Friday, June 24, 2011

Pot Holder Beginnings


I saw this delightful photograph in the current issue of Better Homes and Gardens and was inspired by the colors. On my list of things to do, I had written making pot holders for a couple of friends that I visit and teach each month. Voila! Before my eyes was a perfect color scheme!

So off I went to my local quilting store. But I must confess, I didn't have very high hopes of finding what I wanted. Their selection consists of more traditional calico fabric and I was wanting fresher colors for this project. But I was in luck! One green, one red, and one yellow fabric in the colors I wanted. These are the finished tops in a pattern called "Eccentric Stars".

And here is one more set of tops that I made in a much simpler pattern called "Twist". I wasn't careful and didn't coordinate the red and green squares to match each other on the separate pot holders. In this photo, one pot holder is quilted just inside the seam lines and one is not so that you can see the difference that simple outline quilting makes; but they are both quilted now.
Now to find a backing fabric....

No comments:

Post a Comment