Friday, January 6, 2012

modern churn dash/framed four patch

While my grandson was here for Christmas, his mother used the cowboy quilt I had made about a month ago. It measures 36"x36" and is a great size to use with a larger baby while in the car or stroller.  Because my daughter likes a more modern looking quilt, I made this one (same size, different blocks)  for her to use with little Evan 
on their daily trips to Target!
This close-up of the churn dash and framed four patch blocks better shows how I combined the fabrics.  I obviously didn't worry about making the print on the center square symmetrical, and overall it's not noticeable.  My machine quilting is sparse so that the quilt stays flexible and is better able to wrap around baby.  The back is blue flannel with green threads - a perfect match! 

No comments:

Post a Comment