Saturday, January 28, 2012

domestic bliss boo-boo

Top photo:  pieced quilt top
Bottom photo:  pieced quilt borders
Fabric:  Domestic Bliss from Moda
Mission:  Use purchased charm packs 
(Note: a charm pack is a set of precut 5" squares of coordinating fabrics)


I love sales.  I hate sales.  After Christmas one of my local quilt stores had a 20% off everything sale which is rare in the quilt store world.  So I buzzed over to Fat Quarters and spent a little money.  Sadly, I did end up with one purchase regret.  Because I was determined to buy a couple of charm packs, I bought two in a fabric line I only kind of liked - just because they were on sale.  After I got home with them my challenge became to quickly sew the undesirables into a baby quilt before I shoved them to the back of a closet/cupboard/drawer and forgot about them. The "X" pattern in this quilt is a reminder to NOT buy something just because it's on sale and to NOT buy something just because you set your mind to it.
Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment