Saturday, May 26, 2012

baby flower power




Yesterday, I sewed a baby dress as a gift for a baby shower I attended this morning.  I used a fabric that I had already purchased from JoAnn's Fabrics a few months ago. It is very light weight, almost a lawn, which makes it a rare find indeed!  I bought about three yards of it...which was all that was remaining on the bolt. I probably would have bought ten yards if they'd have had it!!
Along with the gift, I included the white hanger - one of a few that I own and have purchased from Etsy for this very purpose.
Baby Girls Dress Romper Hat Pattern McCalls 2141 Uncut
 Also from Etsy was the OOP McCall's pattern that I used, dated 1999.  While the construction process is still fresh in my mind, I think I'll make one more dress (from a different fabric) to have on hand for the next baby shower .... or granddaughter .... whichever comes first!

No comments:

Post a Comment