Saturday, September 3, 2011

Denim-look Yarn



I started knitting a baby blanket because a) it's something that I do regularly and b) I simply could not resist this yarn. I normally do not buy acrylic yarn for a baby blanket (this is 70% acrylic and 30% cotton) because it tends to have too many loose fibers that I don't want getting in baby's eyes. But the denim look and the fact that it was red won me over. Now that I've used the skein that I bought, I'm not sure whether I should buy more yarn and finish the project. It's just so light and flimsy feeling, and I like a heavier feel to a baby blanket. Now maybe I should think spring and summer and knit it for those seasons, but I'm struggling wanting to put the effort into something I'm not 100% sure about. Maybe I'll wait until my daughter gets here and have her help me decide....

No comments:

Post a Comment