Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lovin' Lisette


Simplicity's darling new pattern line, Lisette, now has a line of fabric to add to the fun! Not knowing what I'd do with it but knowing I HAD to have it, on Friday I snatched up a little of their brown corduroy at 30% off.

Looking through my pattern stash, I found an easy jumper (New Look 6363 @2004). Then searching through my fabric stash, I found a coordinating fabric for the lining (although the pattern calls for self-lining, with corduroy it would have been too thick with the layers of fabric crossing in the front). One slight change I made to the pattern was placing the straps to set on top of the bodice instead of behind.

Last night I sewed this in the newborn size (up to 13 lb) while the boys were scraping the peeling paint off of my bathroom ceiling. It will be sent off as a baby gift sometime this week.


Suzie's candy cane pink gingham piping sold in packages here.

No comments:

Post a Comment