Friday, September 30, 2011

Dolly Day


 I had a couple of dolls cut out and decided today was a good day to get sewing! The hair is a wool/poly blend felt, top stitched in a contrasting thread color; and the bodies are flannel - except for one. The cheeks are blushed on with a small,firm round brush. The eyes are black paint set on with a stylus, and the mouth is drawn on with a permanent marker. Don't they look like best friends?! Pattern linked here.

And Here's a doll I made using the same pattern (my daughter gave this to one of her piano students). The face is more distinct and I think I like that better.  Do you?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. I so want to make a few of things for my granddaughter. They look like something I can do. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, these are so fun to make and whip up really fast!! I recommend basting down the legs before you sew up the bottom. Also, the pattern lines for the arms and legs are the stitching lines NOT the cutting lines - and I made them a little wider than the pattern size. Call me if you have any questions! ♥

    ReplyDelete