Sunday, April 1, 2012

Andra's Quilt

 This is the finished quilt that I made for my son-in-law's sister.  While she was pregnant, I had her choose a pieced quilt top from those which I had posted pictures of on this blog.

The quilt took me longer to finish than anticipated because I just couldn't decide what design to quilt on the four patch blocks.  Then after a choice was made, I had to pick the thread color.  And getting advice from other quilters didn't help because each had a differing opinion!  It was funny how skiddish I became about the whole thing, but in the end, I decided on red (my own choice).
Now that the quilt is quilted and washed, I'm pleased with the result.  Hopefully little Andra will feel happy and warm wrapped in it.  The best part of making and giving a baby quilt is imagining the little darling snuggled inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment