Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Heirloom line quilt top

 I think what makes an impression with this quilt top is not the pattern but the bold fabric designs.  I just ♥ Joel Dewberry fabrics!!  Just today I dropped off a different top to be quilted which was also made with Joel Dewberry fabrics - a line named Aviary 2.  But I digress...
 This baby quilt is made from a set of 6" squares, one of each fabric from Dewberry's Heirloom line.  I actually bought the set from a seller on Etsy, a lady in Australia who cut them herself (since it's not a factory item).  Because I wanted to make a quilt that maximized the squares so that the prints could make their statement, I chose a simple disappearing nine patch.
The white background fabric is slightly hatched so it has a subtle textured look and is a little fancier than a plain Kona solid. Someday I will probably look back at this quilt and think that the prints are far too bold.  But as for today...I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment