Friday, December 7, 2012

little things mean a lot

Now just because I haven't posted anything on this blog of mine for nearly a month does NOT mean I haven't been creating anything......
oh, wait.
Yes, it does.
 
Travel, bedroom rearranging, a holiday, out of town company, cub scout service project, travel again, and LIFE have all conspired against my sewing machine and me.  But today, miraculously, I actually did work on something:  one by hand, two by machine.  My daughter had given me a doll that needed arms repaired (shamefully, more months ago than I can remember), and I had two quilt backs to whip up.  By getting these little projects done, it has freed my mind to focus on the upcoming holiday and all the sewing I hope (now trying to type with crossed fingers) to accomplish before Christmas.  A little expression about biting and chewing is running through my head right about now...

I did want to share a picture of my new pin cushion.  The teacher from my quilting class made each of her students a variation on this theme....each adorable.  I'm probably more inspired to sew by this simple beauty than anything else - even my newly moved into and organized sewing room!


No comments:

Post a Comment