Friday, December 7, 2012

I xo Christmas

Feeling Christmas-y right about now.
First I hung the wreath on the front door. Then I decorated my bed (thank you, Target).  I did have to wash the bedding because when it arrived yesterday, it wreaked of diesel.  I called Target, and they gifted me $10 for my inconvenience.  They've always had great customer service and it's one of the reasons I shop there.
(Note:  The room looks much better without all the lighting, but the photo was too grainy without it.)

Did you notice the quilt tossed casually on the corner of the bed?
Did  you wonder if I made it?
Well, yes I did.
The pattern is from "Living Large 2" by Heather Peterson and is called Simple Gifts.


I used most of the fabric line called blitzen by basicgrey (they don't capitalize so I'll respect that!), omitting the snowmen prints to keep a serious feel to the quilt.  The backing fabric I purchased for $10 from JoAnn's during a super sale and using a coupon. That's right.  Four yards for $10!
As for the quilting, I had the quilter use a shiny polyester thread they happened to have on their shelf and had actually never used.  Probably a big no-no, but I do love the way it picks up the light!


I have a red brick corner fireplace in my room that will get a little Christmas cheer as well before the day is through.
Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt!!! Where might I purchase the pattern? Thanks so much for your time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your inquiry, but I've been out of town for a while taking care of my daughter who injured her knee. Here is a link to where you can purchase the book from Anka's Treasures (the author's store). It's a fun pattern and quite easy to sew together!
      http://ankastreasures.bigcartel.com/

      Delete