Thursday, December 13, 2012

dilly dally dream

I have been so anxious for this throw to be quilted, bound, washed, and sitting somewhere in my home... and here it is!!
This is a picture of the bed in my newly acquired sewing room which is used not only by my visiting daughter, but also by me (when I get a minute to relax I love to lounge and flip through quilting magazines!).   
The bed and bedding are from Ikea.  There are two large drawers underneath for storage so that when my daughter is home, she doesn't have to live out of her suitcase.  I have made a vow to myself to not fill the drawers with fabric, no matter how tempted I might be!

The pinwheels are mostly form the fabric line Summer House by Moda.  I love it so much that I once I was done piecing the quilt, I bought some fat quarters of my favorites off of ebay just to have on hand. The large houndstooth border fabric is from the Vintage Modern line from Bonnie and Camille.


 The pattern is dilly dally by thimble blossoms (see the cute lack of caps?).

Image of Dilly Dally- Pattern 152 PDF pattern

I liked how the designer used a soft fabric for the border such that nothing competed with the pinwheels, so I did the same.  My binding fabric looks quite copy-catty, too; but I do hope the idiom, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, gives me permission to do so!

The backing fabric is by Denyse Schmidt.  Oddly, I like how it almost matches the border fabric.
The tight swirls quilting was done freehand by Leigh B. and is a perfect fit.
So nice when that happens.

2 comments: