Thursday, April 21, 2011

Baby Dress Obsessed!

I love to sew dresses for little girls. Do I have a little girl? No. Do I possibly have a granddaughter? No. But I loved sewing dresses for my daughters when they were young and still want to sew dresses today ! Here is how I justify my hobby. If I were a snow skier, I would spend a lot of money flying to a mountain top, renting a hotel and car, eating out, and either buying or renting ski equipment. Well, I enjoy a hobby MUCH cheaper than that!




I have a white dress almost finished and a gray jumper that just needs the blouse finished. And then there are the four other dresses cut out and ready to sew. Shhhh.....


4 comments:

  1. Okay, I have a granddaughter and these are adorable, I really need the patterns and where you buy your material. Please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ellen! How fun for you to have an actual baby girl to sew for! Here is the run-down on the patterns and fabric:

    Brown dress - vintage pattern BUT I have seen similar ones currently in the pattern books.
    Orange dress - Butterick 5017
    Pink dress - McCall's 6015 (combining view A and view D). There are also sleeve options.
    Green dress - Butterick 3782
    White dress - Simplicity 2684

    All of the fabric, except for the green dress fabric, was purchased at JoAnn's. The green dress fabric was purchased from the fabric store in town, Quilter's Cottage.

    Also, a note on the orange dress...
    I don't like making button loops, so instead I made ties and just top stitched them on by forming a square (but they could have been encased). If you need me to, I can send you a picture of the back of the dress.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um... Mia would be happy to wear any of your beautiful creations (just trying to provide some justification)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mia would look adorable in anything! Maybe I could get her to be a model for me one of these days. ♥

    ReplyDelete