Thursday, April 21, 2011

Current Charity Projects

I feel that it is important to use the abilities that God has given me to bless others. I only write this post to give those with the same opportunity an idea or two. There is great joy being in the service of your fellow men, just as the scriptures promise.

These are a sampling of some of my crocheted caps for preemies. It is a simple pattern and easy to work up anywhere! There is a free pattern at Lion Brand Yarn website linked here: preemie cap.


The design of these dolls came about by merging a couple of doll patterns that I had seen and are easily assembly-line produced. They are made from all or part flannel and are so soft and cuddly. Originally I was going to send them to to my church's humanitarian organization, but they weren't needed. Instead I will take them to a shop on my local military base who's proceeds benefit our dear Marine families.


This is a bundle of 4 flannel blankets to be sewn and donated to the hospital on Camp Pendleton. Although I do not belong to the Fallbrook Quilt Guild, they were kind enough to supply me with the materials and give me the opportunity to again help our Marine families. This is a project I must finish soon as there is a deadline!

No comments:

Post a Comment