Wednesday, April 27, 2011


Last night was a "Penelope" night. I just love the message of that movie. And the character James McAvoy plays is so darn sweet behind all that scruff! He sees Penelope for who she truly is before anyone else does, and I love him for that. Of course, I couldn't sit without knitting, so here is what I created - and, of course, named it Johnny. The hat is knit with self-striping Kureyon by Noro (100% wool) on #9 needles, sized 1-2yr.

Note: I didn't like the color sequence after the red stripe, so I broke the yarn and started with the color on the opposite end of the skein (yellow). Although it makes a hard line between the red and the yellow stripe, I think it looks better overall.
Even though it's slightly battered from living in my purse for the past 2 months, I wanted to introduce you to a great little knitting friend: The Altoids can. It perfectly holds placement rings, large eye needles, safety pins, needle tip covers, and anything else little that is knitting related which might otherwise get lost!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! I think Evan wants one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you can keep Aussie coins that are too heavy for your wallet, & put them in an Altoids tin! I love to see what your working on Kelli. You've inspired me, I'm going to check out the crafter's market in a couple of weeks here in Berwick, but I bet they won't have hats as cute as yours!

    ReplyDelete