Thursday, April 21, 2011

K1, P2

Knitting is my therapy.  I always have a couple of projects going with at least one of them being quick and easy.  The small projects can follow me anywhere: doctor's/dentist's appointments, piano lessons, road trips, airplanes, meetings, etc.  With any project, I don't try anything too complicated because I don't want to have to concentrate too hard.  I knit to relax, and following a detailed pattern is not relaxing!  My favorite people to knit for are babies and my children - they are very forgiving and easily pleased.

This pattern is called Little Daisy Swing Coat and found in the Sublime pattern book #612. I used Sublime Baby Silk and Bamboo DK yarn (probably my favorite baby yarn) and knit it in the smallest size (0-6mo).  It's pretty tiny, so I'd say it would be tight on an average 6 month old! 
It hasn't been blocked yet, so please ignore the wankiness of it.

If you're looking for straightforward, this is it!
This sweater is simply called Baby's Pullover and is from the Bernat Organic Cotton booklet 542032 titled Mommy and Me.  I used Bernat Organic Natural Cotton and knit it in size 6mo - but sadly it was too small for my chunky grandbaby at 6mo.  
I knit it as a sweater to wear at the beach, something easy to take on and off.   I didn't take the time to block it because it going to get quite abused by sand and surf!


Finally, this is a blanket I made with some yarn I had purchased on sale in Placerville, California at a darling little yarn shop in old town.

I didn't use a pattern, but as you can see, I only used seed, basket weave, stockinette, and garter stitches.

The Aran weight yarn is called Tara by GGH (German) and is 72% cotton and 28% Nylon.  It's so very soft and snuggly!





No comments:

Post a Comment