Tuesday, April 23, 2013

it's about time!

Months ago, my eldest daughter asked if I'd make her a coupon wallet.
"Sure," I replied.

And then I didn't make it.
She never again mentioned it, but I knew that she knew that I owed her.

So finally ... FINALLY... I got to the business of sewing one.  And it whipped up in a jiffy.  And I have no idea why I procrastinated so long!

The tutorial is found at Art Gallery Fabrics and is by Fat Quarter Gang.  They call their pattern Fabric Envelopes.

I didn't much care for their squared-off front flap (plus I worried it wouldn't stay closed), so I made mine with a curve and a notch to accomodate a button closure (that way the button wouldn't be low on the front).

For placement with the loop, just measure it a little below the center of the button.  Do you see how I double stitched the elastic cord at the flap edge?  That will hopefully keep it from coming loose.

I used heavy thread when stitching the sides, and my bobbin didn't like it so well.  But because it's the back, I'm not going to worry about it.

Much better than the plastic ziplock bag her mother uses, no?
A quick project if you need a gift in a jiffy (I'd certainly like one!).

Time to get to saving :)



No comments:

Post a Comment