Monday, April 29, 2013

just stitchin'

Here's what my sewing machine and I have been up to lately.
I do have other sewing projects to start (a robe for my daughter and pillowcases for my stepdad), so I'm going to hold off taking these latest quilts to the quilter until the other items are finished.  It's a self-imposed reward system that I have!


This quilt is going to be for my grandson, Evan.  He has an adorable nautical themed bedroom and the colors of these fabrics will perfectly match what is already in his room.  The pattern is from the Fons & Porter magazine Easy Quilts and is called Square Knots.




This  next quilt top is one that came from scrapping another quilt that I had started. I had only gotten as far as the 16 patches when I realized I was not going to be happy with it.  I cut the blocks on the diagonal and set them with a neutral background to make gigantic pinwheels.
No regrets.

I'm off to Utah this week to attend my daughter Natalie's college graduation.  Then my daughter and grandson are coming to visit for ten days.  LOTS of fun in my future!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment