Monday, September 24, 2012

better binding

I thought I'd share a little binding trick that I thought of recently.  It is meant for those who do not join quilt binding seams on the bias. Now, I recognize that this technique might be widely known to experienced quilters .... which, of course, makes me a quilting plagiarist!.  If I qualify, my deepest apologies.  I've been quilting less than a year and have SO MUCH yet to learn.  But enough about me...


Sew together your cut fabric strips for binding.  After you've pressed the long, continuous strip in half, snip into the seam allowances at the fold, a few threads from the stitching.

Press sections in opposite directions.

Refold, making sure the two sections nest together and lie flat.

Press to set the seam.

Roll it up and off you go!

If you'd like to know the fabric I used, it's from Amy Butler's Gypsy Caravan line.  It was to be used on a quilt I made for my mother (which I can't blog about since I haven't given it to her yet!), but in the end I chose something else.  So now this strip is all pressed and ready for ???

No comments:

Post a Comment