Monday, September 17, 2012

hit it!


♪  I said you wanna be startin' somethin'
You got to be startin' somethin' ♫
♫ I said you wanna be startin' somethin'
You got to be startin' somethin' ♪ ....

 Sometimes I have to go off script and start a project that I did not have preplanned.  So today during lunch hour, I cut up a few pieces of fabric and stitched them together into simple pinwheel blocks.  We'll see how it progresses, but I do like what I have so far......albeit only three untrimmed blocks into it! I also cut some solid blocks of white dimple dot minky.  Hmmmm.....

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the adorable elephant and giraffe fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the fabrics at a quilting store in San Marcos off of Nordahl called Quilter's Paradise. I had gone into the store for something else, but when I saw these fabrics, I HAD to buy a little! The line is called Savanna Bop and linked here (http://www.fatquartershop.com/Savanna-Bop-Thomas-Knauer-Andover-Fabrics.asp). There are lots of super cute prints in this line but the local store only has a few of them. I actually bought a few pieces off of Etsy; so you can get it there, as well. ♥

    ReplyDelete