Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sugar Hill fabrics



While at the library a few months ago, I thumbed through a copy of McCall's Quick Quilts (April/May 2012).  I found a lovely quilt pattern inside called "Cottage Stars" and asked the librarian if I could check out the magazine.  Well, I couldn't (and now I know).... BUT she said I could copy pages out of the magazine.  REALLY??


Of course, the library copier only copied in black and white, but it was not a problem since I could look up the quilt in color online (link).  Using "Cottage Stars" as inspiration, I took a pack of 6" squares of Sugar Hill fabrics and a little red floral and pale pink fabric to make this simple baby quilt.




The wind did not cooperate. Plus I don't have a lush green backyard to use as a backdrop for my photos. And frustratingly, I only have a cell phone camera.
But I do own lots of lovely fabric.  And I get to sew on a buttery sewing machine.
So life is good 

No comments:

Post a Comment