Thursday, September 6, 2012

Candice's quilt


 When I asked Candice what kind of quilt she wanted me to make for her, she said with a smile, "Girly." At first, she chose a pattern that called for quite a lot of white in the background.  But after thinking about it for a minute, we realized that with a little toddler b-o-y, it would be best to find a pattern that would show fewer food and feet disasters.


 We found this lovely line of fabric called Hello Luscious at a quilt shop in Parker, Colorado. Candice loved it the minute she spotted it!  For the pattern, I modifiied Gypsy Girl by Heather Mulder Peterson (found in her booklet Fat Quarter Five).



Here it is all rolled up and ready to mail. Thanks for your patience, Candice!  I hope it makes you happy and reminds you that you are loved

1 comment:

  1. I cried when I saw the picture of my quilt and read your sweet message to me. Thank you, mom! It will be so wonderful having a piece of home with me while I live so far away. xoxo

    ReplyDelete