Wednesday, March 6, 2013

cherry on top

As some of you know, San Diego's Quilt Shop Hop theme is "Just Desserts".  Our local shop (ahem...where I work) offers a cupcake block pattern (free) and kit ($4).  To show my loyalty - and because it's cute - I made the block and, of course, turned it into a potholder.

Because I'm just that stupid inexperienced, I ruined the brown/chocolate fabric that came in the kit by adhering the fusible applique paper to the RIGHT side of the fabric instead of the WRONG side!  Fortunately, I had a brown dot fabric in my stash that I could replace it with.  The darling cherry button needed just a little sprucing (it was a matte red), so I painted it a cheery hot pink with nail polish.

I was done before I got the end of You've Got Mail, so a quick project start to finish!
If you get a chance, I recommend that you run to Fat Quarters Quilt Shop and pick up a pattern and kit for yourself!



It comes with a recipe, too.  Sew yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment