Tuesday, March 5, 2013

cookie redemption

As some of you know, I started a Saturday job a couple of weeks ago.
Not that I was looking for work.  Actually, I haven't had a paying job for 28 years.
But when I was approached by one of the teachers that I know who works at Fat Quarters Quilt Shop and was asked if I'd be interested in helping out on Saturdays, I realized that bringing in a little money to support my fabric habit wouldn't be a bad idea.
And the fact that I liked the friendly shop owner and cheerful employees sealed the deal!
So I worked my first Saturday and felt right at home.  I was in a fabric store, after all.
Working the register had a bit of a learning curve to it, but the day flew by and I didn't regret my decision one bit!

Then I got sick. Fever and chills sick.  And wouldn't you know it, I couldn't work the following Saturday.
That's right.  Worked one Saturday.  Called in sick the next.
The shop owner had to have her husband work the first two hours of my shift until the person who could work the rest of the day was available.  In the seven years she's owned the store, she'd never had to have her husband work.
Ouch.

So I asked what his favorite cookie was.  The least I could do was bake a thank you!
He said anything with peanut butter in it.
So I made these (recipe found here).


I was told they were delicious!  My sampling affirmed their chewy peanut-chocolate heavenliness.
I'm still on the payroll.

P.S.  The Easter eggs in the crystal basket are ones that my children and I made many years ago.  We blew the centers out and painted the shells with nail polish.  I'm so grateful that somehow they've survived four moves and continue to decorate our table each spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment