Monday, March 11, 2013

row by row

Remember a while back when I posted a sneak peak of a quilt top I had made?
No?
The pattern was from Better Homes and Gardens American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine (Feb 2011 issue).
The fabrics in their quilt are conservative American Jane's.
The fabrics in mine are wild Amy Butler's .... (like Cameo & Lark).



Why do I love this quilt when it's obviously so bohemian?
Is it because I'm possibly a little bohemian myself?

Let's see....

The Urban Dictionary's definition of bohemian is:
somebody who leads an alternative lifestyle, they are not hippies because they can have an extremly wide range of different tastes in music, fashion, art, literature etc they are usually very creative people. they are above all optimists, even if they can be very cynical too. they like wearing a mixture of wierd clothes and mix different fashions together just for the heck of it. genrally very laid back and relaxed.
(Obviously you, Mr/s. Definition Person, are bohemian since you don't like to use capital letters!)

Hmmm.....

Definitely no.  Minus the "creative" and "optimistic" parts, that is NOT a description of me.
So I'm guessing that I'm enamored with this quilt because of its dynamic COLOR and ENERGY.  Even the fabric on the back sports a bit of an attitude!  Because this quilt has lived unfinished in my closet for a while, it is now thrilled to be out in the sun.  It deserves to show off a little, don't you think?

I had J'Adore quit a wave on wave pattern which is a little hard to pick up when you look at the quilt - not only in pictures but also in person.  But it doesn't matter since the quilt has so much to say with or without the quilting.

My only change to the pattern was making each of the outside borders much wider and adding a narrow contrast stripe.

This quilt doesn't fit anywhere in my house style-wise, but that's ok.
It sure fits happiness-wise.


1 comment: