Friday, February 15, 2013

this way!

A treat was in store for me this week when I got home from my trip to see my grandson (ok... and his mom and dad, too!)
I picked up this quilt that I had FINALLY sent off to be quilted after it was finished ... over a year ago!

The pattern is called "Every Which Way" by Gigi's Thimble.  It is one that I bought from my local quilt shop, but I've seen it in other shops, too - as well as online.  The front is a hodge podge of fabrics I had on hand.  And it is a perfect pattern for using up some of your fabric stash.

The backing fabric is not from my stash, and sadly, I cannot  remember what the name of it is. I almost always buy the backing when I finish the top....even if it's not going to be quilted right away.  I buy the binding, as well.  That way, when I'm ready to have the quilt top quilted, it's ready to go.  And then when it gets home, it's ready to bind & use.

My friend quilted little swirls which we call targets (obviously because of the arrows).  My 19 year old son loves robots, so I wish I'd taken up quilting long ago when this quilt could have been his.  But he can enjoy snuggling in it with his little nephew next time they're together!




No comments:

Post a Comment