Saturday, February 2, 2013

modge and me

A while back I made a memory game with small wooden discs blogged here.

This is a set I made last Saturday using larger 1.5" discs.  Take those and some printed paper, scissors, Modge Podge, a sponge brush, and about an hour of your day and you, too, can produce this cute little toy.  Actually, it would take less time if you own one of those snazzy paper cutting punch tools such that you don't have to cut out each circle by hand!

The adorable container was something I found for only $2.99 at Michael's craft store.  It has a hinged lid and a clever peek-a-boo window.  It's "old-time lunchbox meets take-out" and more nice polish to the set than the organza bag I used in the mini one.  Plus I think any child would have a lot of fun carrying around a metal box (I would!).

I've played this game with my 12 year old and my 19 year old, so I'm thinkin' it would be a great gift for just about anyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment