Wednesday, January 16, 2013

cookie crush

I auditioned a cookie recipe at quilting class last night and everyone raved.
I discovered the recipe in a cookbook I own titled "Simple 1-2-3 Cookies & Treats", published by Publications International.

Had to share.

Next time I'm going to strategize my chocolate chip placement
 like the ones in the cookbook photo!

Orange-Walnut Chippers

1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 T grated orange peel
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups uncooked oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
         (I used Nestle's dark chocolate chips and added a little more than a cup)
1/2 cup coarsley chopped walnuts
         (I only used 1/3 cup)
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Lightly grease cookie sheets (I didn't do this and regretted it)
Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
Beat in egg and orange peel.
Add flour, baking soda and salt to butter mixture.  Beat until well blended.
Stir in oats, chocolate chips and walnuts.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls (I used a soup spoon) 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake 10- 12 minutes (mine took about 14 min) or until golden brown.
Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 2 min. (don't skip this step!)
Remove to wire rack to cool.

Makes about 3 doz. (my version made 2 doz)

Worth every calorie!

No comments:

Post a Comment