Monday, January 28, 2013

hoo knew?

While searching for a couple of elusive toys I had made for my grandson, I found in the back of a cupboard this paper on wood board that I had crafted long ago and forgotten about.   Well, now that I have my new sewing room it need hide no longer.  I am going to hang it in on the closet wall that I see when I open the door. I love the cheery owl faces and will enjoy their inquisitive expressions as I slide the door open.  It will be as if they're asking, "Say now, what interesting project are you about to begin? Do tell!"


I'm primarily blogging about this because I want to share a little tip I discovered.  Because the nails for the hanger that I had were too long for the thickness of the board, if I had nailed them in they would have poked through onto the front.  So to shorten the nails, I cut a thin strip of cardboard (from the back of a charm pack) and folded it accordion style, three times.  Then I poked the nail through the cardboard before nailing it into the wood.  Problem solved.


FYI:  The owl pattern and project idea is found at the Martha Stewart website linked here.  It features a single owl, but to pay tribute to a darling children's book that I adore titled Owl Babies,  I made mine with a momma owl and her little owlet.



No comments:

Post a Comment