Tuesday, January 15, 2013

projects galore

As promised yesterday, I am posting pictures of my current projects.
You'll see that there are five.
And that's my plan.
Because I am so compelled to finish whatever project I start, I become obsessed with it and (poor character trait alert) really ignore what I SHOULD do because of the thing I WANT to do.
So.  Here's my strategy...

Start a bunch of projects!  And really start each one - invest a chunk of time to produce visible results. But don't get into it so much that I feel compelled to finish (tricky part).

My current random magic number of projects are





In addition, I have a table topper (Valentine's Day) at the quilter as well as a baby quilt and toddler quilt.  I want to have some hand sewing projects lined-up now that Downton Abbey Season 3 has begun (But there's a chance I won't be able to tear my eyes away from the screen so said projects might have to be reserved for a different activity, aka road trip!)

So now you know what I've set up for myself to help me achieve moderation with quilting.
A little ironic, if you think about it.

And already I've hit upon a problem.
Quilting class is tonight and I have to decide which project to take to work on.
Numbers in a hat?
Have a child choose?
Toss a die?  (I need 5 choices)
Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment