Wednesday, October 17, 2012

blessings

Now here's what you might be thinking....
"Why would anyone buy this overstated and outdated stitchery?"
I know. I know.
But when I saw it at the antique mall my dad took me to in MO, I knew it was coming home with me.  Yes, like you, I've seen the sentiment a million times before in a million different formats.  But because this item had a mere $6 written on the price tag, I HAD to validate it by purchasing it ... and do so for the person who had felt that specific message should be in a home and then committed to creating it.
It will hang in my soon-to-be sewing room and will remind me of the greater purpose for "these things I do".


And I love the fact that this stitchery is a little beaten down, a little wrinkled, and the frame a bit worn.  It symbolizes the condition of many family homes.  A condition that proves people actually live there.



No comments:

Post a Comment