Wednesday, October 17, 2012

ten little things quilt

This innocent looking layer cake haunts me no more.  It had been in one of my fabric drawers for months without any hope of release.  My struggle with it had been in trying to find a pattern that made good use of the many bold colored fabric squares.  Well, I fret no more because today I finished making the stymieing stack into a quilt top.
This pattern was the perfect solution....and free!  It is offered by Moda and titled "Jungle Path".

This quilt is a grandma's house quilt because it will live here, although I did make it with my little grandson in mind.  The fabric line has lots of cars and trucks, Evan's toy of choice.  And who-who could resist those adorable owl faces?


I made the quilt a little larger than the pattern (5x6 blocks instead of 4x4) simply because I had the fabric in the layer cake to do so.   As for the instructions, the cutting was simple and therefore quick; and the assembly was straightforward.  This easy quilt is my kind of quilt to make for a toddler  - something that can be mauled a little without Grandma tearing up.



The stash buster background fabric I used has a greenish grunge look which adds an interesting texture to the white.

For the quilt back, I'm definitely walking on the wild side! The navy color photographed more black than it really is, so the overall effect isn't as harsh as it looks here. 
I'm not sure how I'm going to have it quilted, but I do enjoy thinking of the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment