Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I fell for fall

This past weekend I went to a family reunion in Branson, Missouri.  The fall colors were evidenced everywhere and thrilled my soul!  Living here in Southern California, I just don't get to enjoy leaves changing colors - especially en masse. Inspired by the impressive Ozark display, I bought a fabric roll called Rustling Leaves from Missouri Star Quilt Co with all the lovely colors of orange, yellow, burgundy, green, and brown.  I can now make a quilt to remind me of my wonderful trip to Missouri and all the fun and beauty I experienced while visiting there.

Stems quilt pattern - By Fig Tree Quilts - FT 928
Rustling Leaves Jelly Roll by Cheryl Haynes for Benartex Fabrics SKU# JRRU PK


I will be using the quilt pattern "Stems" by Fig Tree & Co - the layout pictured in the inset.  The only decision left is whether to use a light or medium neutral for the background fabric ... although the blue sky behind this tree in my dad's neighborhood offers a tempting color choice, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment